Description of a NATIONAL CERTIFICATE III IN HEALTH AND SAFETY FOR BUILDING
Level III standard has been prepared to assist all employers, workers and clients in the construction industry in the Maldives in terms of the required standards that should be followed in our industry..
Purpose of the qualification
This qualification is designed to meet the needs and requirements to minimize hazards in construction industry. It includes core competency units that cover common skills and knowledge for the health and safety in construction industry.
Qualification Code: CON11SQ1L318
• Observe personal and workplace hygiene practices
• Practice effective workplace communication
• Perform computer operations
• Promote team effectiveness
• Electrical Safety
• Common Electrical Safety Hazards on Construction Sites
• Minimizing Electrical Hazards
• Materials Handling, Storage, Use and Disposal
• Cranes, Derricks, Hoists, Elevators and Conveyors
• Hand and Power Tools
• Welding and Cutting
• Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment
• Fire Protection and Prevention
• Stairways and ladders
• Completion of Basic Education OR
• Attainment of a Level 2 qualification.
• 18 years old AND ability to communicate in the language of instruction